Page Not Found
We're sorry, we couldn't find the page you were looking for. Use the search below to find what you were looking for.
- Hawaii County Council Navigation Guide As part of our continuing efforts to assist with County level advocacy, check out the new Hawaii County Council navigation guide developed by HICH staff and social work students. Click on the link below to view our navigation guide. Click here to go to the Hawaii County Council website. Click here to view our […]
- The Hands That Built Ohana Zones: Ulu Wini Family Assessment CenterTo learn more, please view past infographics in the gallery below, or visit the ‘Ohana Zones section of our website.
- Policy Brief: Regulation of Rental Application Screening Fees for Potential TenantsThe cost of rental application fees may pose a significant barrier to prospective tenants in Hawaii’s active rental housing market. Rental application fees are not currently regulated by Hawaii’s Landlord-Tenant Code, and landlords may require an upfront, non-refundable payment at the time a prospective renter applies for a vacant rental unit. Unregulated collection of rental […]
- County Council Website Navigation GuideAdvocacy on legislative matters can be overwhelming and it can be difficult to know where to start. Our office’s practicum students from the UH School of Social Work & Public Health have put together helpful navigation guides for each of the four County Council websites. Please check out your County Council’s website navigation guide to […]
- Kauai County Council Website Navigation As part of our continuing efforts to assist with County level advocacy, check out the new Kauai County Council navigation guide developed by HICH staff and social work students. Click on the link below to view our navigation guide. Click here to go to the Kauai County Council website. Click here to view our […]
- Podcast – The Permanent AddressSeason 2 – Episode 1 | Rental Screening Fees March 7, 2022 | Honolulu, HI Rental application screening fees are fees that are usually collected by landlords along with the submission of an application for a rental unit. These fees are intended to cover the costs of doing screenings such as credit checks on the […]
- Policy Brief: Rental housing assistance discrimination calls for legislators to take action on longtime issueAs the Hawai‘i Legislature continues to consider legislation on rental housing assistance discrimination, the Hawaii Interagency Council on Homelessness (HICH) has released the following policy brief that emphasizes the need to address this issue during the 2022 legislative session. View a PDF copy by clicking here. Hawai‘i is among those jurisdictions that have not outlawed […]
- The Long Road Home: Navigating the Rental Market as a Voucher HolderSoon after she graduated in 2008, Tasha found herself houseless as a result of a falling out with her family. A few years after applying for a Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher, she was filled with excitement when she finally received the news she had been waiting for in February of 2021. What was supposed […]
- Minors Experiencing Homelessness or Unstable HousingThere are nearly 3,600 students identified in unstable housing across the State of Hawaii, and families experiencing unstable housing have rights under the McKinney-Vento Act to ensure their children continue uninterrupted access to education and services. Our student interns from the UH Thompson School of Social Work & Public Health created this page to highlight some […]
- EVICTION MORATORIUM RESOURCESI received an eviction notice from my landlord. What should I do? Contact the State Landlord-Tenant Hotline (808-586-2634) or a legal services agency, such as the Legal Aid Society of Hawaii (808-536-4302), to seek information about your rights as a tenant. Please know that the landlord-tenant law has changed due to the impact of Act […]