The Chair’s staff regularly prepare reports to share information regarding actions and positions of the HICH, and to respond to directives from the Hawai’i Legislature and other key stakeholders.
Annual Reports to the Legislature
Fiscal Map of Federal, State, and County Funding for Homelessness
Communications and Public Education Plan
Reports on Safe Zones, Squatting, and Encampments
Legislative Informational Briefings (Hawaii Homeless Summits and Budget Briefings)
- 2021 Senate Ways & Means Committee HMS Budget Briefing – Information Briefing on DHS Budget (January 14, 2021).
- 2021 House Finance Committee HMS Budget Briefing – Information Briefing on DHS Budget (January 14, 2021). The briefing on the Department Human Services FY22 budget begins at the 52:00 minute mark.
- 2021 Homeless Summit – A powerpoint presentation providing an overview of data trends related to homelessness and homelessness response during the pandemic, as well as an update on Ohana Zone projects statewide.
- 2020 Homeless Summit – A powerpoint presentation providing an overview of data trends related to homelessness, as well as an update on the implementation of Ohana Zone funding provided by the legislature.
- 2019 Homeless Summit – A powerpoint presentation providing an overview of statewide Point in Time count data in preparation for the 2019 legislative session.
- 2018 Homeless Summit – A summary of remarks from the HICH Chair regarding the State Framework to Address Homelessness, requests for the 2018 legislative session, and updates on the efforts of specific State agencies addressing homelessness.
Data Landscape Assessment
Listening Session Feedback and Summary in regard to State Framework to Address Homelessness
National Governors Association – Technical Assistance related to Population Health / Homelessness
System Mapping of Homelessness
Financial Modeling – Building the case for Permanent Supportive Housing
Hawai’i Pathways Project
- Hawai’i Pathways Project, Final Report (2018) – Prepared by the University of Hawai’i Center on the Family, the report covers the the full period of the project, which ran from August 2014 to September 2017. The project was administered by the Department of Health, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division through contracts with Helping Hands Hawai’i and Catholic Charities Hawai’i. The project provided intensive case management for chronically homeless individuals, and connected these individuals with housing vouchers from partner organizations to deliver ‘Housing First’ services. In addition, the project included systems level change efforts in coordination with the HICH.
- Hawai’i Pathways project, Program Highlights (2018) – An overview of key highlights from the project.
- Hawai’i Pathways Project, Progress Report (2016) – Prepared by the University of Hawai’i Center on the Family, the report covers the first year of implementation for the project during the period of August 2014 to September 2015
1115 Medicaid Waiver Amendment
- Hawai’i Medicaid 1115 Waiver Amendment (2017) – The original request for 1115 waiver amendment that was submitted for the Centers for Medcare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in August 2017. The request was approved in October 2018, and the Department of Human Services is currently in the process of implementation. The HICH worked together with the Hawai’i Pathways Project to utilize grant funding from the project to support technical assistance provided by the Corporation for Supportive Housing to assist with the application and submission of the waiver amendment.